Sunday, June 13, 2010

WISH Card challenge end of week five

Five weeks are up. My original aim was to have the gift cards last for eight weeks for groceries and fuel.  I am well on the way to achieving that.  As we get closer to the end of the eight weeks, I'll move that date as far as I think it can be stretched.

Most of this weeks spending was on fuel for both cars. Normally we prefer to use only one car wherever we can but various appointments and conflicting schedules made that impossible this week.
Nothing spent from my stockpile money so another $40 more added to that.

I'm not really happy about the average spend per week, but being restricted to only one major supermarket chain it's proving very difficult to get below $200.  I'm sure this is mainly due to the high cost of fruit and vegetables at Woolies as I know I wouldn't pay anywhere near their prices where I normally shop.

Still I know that our spending is still well below the amount an average family of three with two cars in Melbourne's outer burbs would consider 'normal' so overall our habits haven't changed too much.

Week five, day seven

Gift cards $818.84
Stockpile $157.50
Spent so far $1081.16

Average spend: $216.23 per week

No comments:

Post a Comment